Monday, April 23, 2012

Little improvements

After last week's net 0 loss/gain...I initially told myself that was fine..great. It meant I hadn't packed anything on during vacation.  But since I waited an entire week after returning to weigh in, I actually felt like I should have lost something. Silly, yes. 

In any case, it prompted me to refocus. I did much better with water all last week. That, alone, I feel is responsible for my 3.79 lb loss.

232.8. At LONG last, the 240s are really, truly a thing of the past.

I went to aerobics class (along with the Girl! more on that in a sec) once last week, and went on one decent walk. I have a legitimate excuse...extensive dental work on Thursday. Thursday's class was out of the question. Also, my power walks are have a delayed, very negative, effect on my left shin and knee. Boo! I actually like them! 

So, this week I've got Tuesday and Thursdays' aerobics classes planned. But I'm also going to check with the instructor about a similar class she teaches on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If she thinks I'll be able to keep the knee/shin impact low in those like I do in the classes I'm already taking, I will go the Saturday class this week.

Going to both the Wednesday AND Saturday classes would be kickass - for my body, anyhow. My family might disagree. It's trying enough to rush home in time to drop of the Girl and head to class on Tues and Thurs and not be home until 7:15. Cooking is not one of the Girl's fortes. I don't mind cooking at all (it's in my blood), but my class has meant either a very late dinner or trying to come up with something simple enough for the Girl to make. I think if I add a third night, the Girl and the daughter may revolt.

I'm SO proud of the Girl for coming with me to class. It totally kicked her butt. Even keeping things low-impact like I do. It doesn't make me happy that she was in such a state she had to sit out a song, but it does make me happy to know that even at 71 lbs less than me, it wasn't a breeze for her. I really *am* working hard, even if I'm not bouncing all over the place.

She's coming back with me tmw. We'll see about Thursday. Even if she goes one day a week, that's so great for her body. Not just weight or looks-wise, but for her muscles, bones, heart, lungs, immune system, all of it. So, so proud of her. :D

Oh! And I squeezed into a pair of the Girl's old size 16 pants yesterday.

I KNOW!

I haven't seen a 16 since....2002? And that was after a dangerous 75 lb weight loss. (Which turned into a 110 lb gain). I wouldn't wear them in public, too tight. But I got them on. And buttoned them. And they weren't knit or stretch pants or anything. And they also weren't a 16W, just a plain 16. Little victories, you know?

Heck, I'm happy to be pretty firmly in an 18 right now. For me, that means I could usually find something in my size at a regular store...possibly even in the "misses" and not "womens" sizes. Possibly.

I'd been setting up mini-goals along the way. I finally reached my 235 by 4/1 goal (well, two weeks late, but okay). But my next goal is 195.8 by 8/31/12. 100 lbs at the 1 year mark.  37 lbs in 19 weeks. About 1.9 lbs per week. I CAN DO IT!

And then, it will be 165lbs. by 12/31/12 (assuming the earth hasn't imploded or something). My UGW. 

At least, that's what I think it is. It will depend largely on how I feel and look at 175, or at 160, or 155.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Right now the beckoning 220s sound marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment